How it works:
This is a virtual classroom. Held online via Zoom Video Conference. Your teacher, Jules Swales, will send you a calendar invitation with Zoom login link prior to each virtual class.
Each live class is 2.5 hours long. Course runs for 8 weeks, for a total of 20 hours.
You’ll receive contact information for the other group members, so you can reach out for support.
You can also email support with Jules at any point during the 8 weeks.
Entry-Level Method Writing – The First Four Concepts:
- Writing Like You Talk
- The Transformation Line
- The “Dreaded” Association Exercise
What’s Included In The Course:
- 8 weeks/20 hours total.
- A welcome email from Jules Swales prior to the first class with Zoom conferencing info and link to purchase book “Method Writing: The First Four Concepts”.
- Contact information for the group members, so you can reach out for support.
- Concept exploration and weekly exercises from Jack Grapes’ foundational book “Method Writing: The First Four Concepts.” This will act as our syllabus for the course.
- Weekly recap of the concepts explored and check-in emails.
- Email support with Jules at any point during the 8 weeks.
- One 30-minute Method Writing creative coaching call with Jules.
How We’ll Work Together:
- We will dive deep into the first four concepts over the eight weeks.
- We’ll kick off with an introductory class with a brief talk by Jules about “Method Writing,” about logistics, and about what you can expect, plus a suggested approach to get the most out of the class. You’ll meet your fellow writers going on this adventure with you.
- Then, each week we’ll work with a different concept and the associated exercises. Two of the concepts require more practice and will cover two weeks of the course, rather than one.
- The last class is a surprise and will be announced in Week 7.