How it works:
This is a virtual classroom. Held online via Zoom Video Conference. Your teacher, Jules Swales, will send you a calendar invitation with Zoom login link prior to each virtual class.
Each live class is 2.5 hours long. Course runs for 8 weeks, for a total of 20 hours.
You’ll receive contact information for the other group members, so you can reach out for support.
You can also email support with Jules at any point during the 8 weeks.
What’s Included In The Course:
- A welcome email from Jules Swales prior to the first class with Zoom conferencing info and link to purchase book “Advanced Method Writing”.
- Contact information for the group members, so you can reach out for support.
- Concept exploration from Jack Grapes’ “Advanced Method Writing.”
- Jack Grapes’ first book, Method Writing: The First Four Concepts, focused on voice and cinematic imagery. Method writing activates the creative process by expanding and deepening the writer’s voice through a step-by-step series of exercises. The result is work that is unique and powerful. This Advanced Method Writing Course presents a series of levels based on Grapes’ concept of “tonal dynamics.” These techniques add clarity, shape, and purpose to the sentences themselves, making the writing more impactful and compelling.
- Email support with Jules at any point during the 8 weeks.